James C. Tibbetts, MBA, STL
M.B.A. 2009, Masters in Business Administration, Salve Regina
University, Newton, Rhode Island.
S.T.L. 1995, Licentiate in Sacred Theology, in Marian Studies
International Marian Research Institute (IMRI), at
the University of Dayton, Ohio.
M.A. 1983, Christian Ministry and Renewal, Franciscan University
of Steubenville, Ohio.
B.A. 1976, Psychology, University of Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
A.S. 1974, Associate Science degree Monroe Community College, Rochester, New York
Jim is a scholar/writer and a businessman. He has worked in the mental health field, run several family owned businesses, including their national manufacturing business for many years. Jim is also a Catholic theologian and a professional mime. As a scholar, he has written scholarly works and as an artist, creative works (screenplays, plays, novels). As a speaker and theologian, he gives talks and retreats on spirituality, Marian topics, and on health and healing: through plant-based diets and fasting. Jim has been into plant-based diets since 1976, fasting since 1980 and raw since 2000. He is a member of the American Mariological Society; the Secular Franciscan Order.
A few Jim Tibbetts highlights/hobbies to mention here include:
• Article: “Emotion Over Time Within a Religious Culture: A Lexical Analysis of the
Old Testament.” Journal of Psychohistory, fall 1994, with John Mayer PhD
• Received two small grants (2003 travel, 2004 publication) from: Maine Space Grant
Consortium. 1. Gave a talk at NASA in Houston, TX (February, 2003), “A vegetarian
diet for space travel”. 2. Wrote a book (2004) for the Maine Space Grant: Superior
Health for Astronauts as Raw Vegans the Scientific Evidence. Gave a talk at the
Kennedy Space Center, FL (January 2006).
• Has given numerous retreats and talks on plant-based diets, fasting and Christian
meditation in the 1990’s to present.
• He was a speaker at, The International Raw and Living Foods Festival, Portland, Oregon
• 1978-2003 Mime Performances solo and duet: numerous performances. Duet
performances include those with dancers, mimes, pianists, guitarists and singers.
• 1991-2001 CHRISTSONG (a 2-hour performance on the life of Christ) Founding
Member (dancer, mime & singers part of 5-piece band) Performed as a mime: Jesus,
Joseph, and other characters. Performed about 100 shows in the U.S. and twice- toured England (1984-1985). This was on various television shows including EWTN.
• Involved in plays, wrote several plays and screenplays and produced several
documentaries: Saint Faustina, Life and Mission - an award winning documentary; Solo
Mime Stage and Studio - James Tibbetts; Fr. Ed McDonough the Healing Priest in
Boston; Living Foods Artistry Down to a Science with Chef Chad Sarno.
• Developed the Rosary Yoga.
Some works in print or published by Jim Tibbetts include:
1. Juice Fasting Simplified, a Practical Approach
2. A Diary on Juice Fasting
3. Living Green with Smoothies and the Culture of Life
4. Starving Cancer to Death, Nutritional Integrative
Cancer Therapies, with Joseph Spaziani, MD
5. Starving into Remission: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s
and Multiple Sclerosis - Nutritional Therapies
6. The Sower’s Seeds of Remission and Curing:
Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and MS!
A Nutrition Therapy Novel
7. Superior Health for Astronauts as Raw Vegans
A Nutrition Novel
8. The Bioethics of Drug Intervention
9. Christian Meditation, the Jesus Prayer and Praise
10. Jesus and Mary were Kosher Vegetarian, the Evidence
from the Bible, the Early Church and Nutrition
11. Biblical Nutrition and Fasting
12. Biblical Nutrition; Forty Days of Meditations
13. Biblical Nutrition the Kosher Vegetarianism
of Jesus and Judaism
14. Biblical Fasting
15. A Biblical Ballad of Mary Mother of Jesus
16. Biblical Titles of the Virgin Mary - 30 Day Meditation
17. Mary the Kosher Vegetarian, Impacting Climate Change
18. The Virgin Mary His Ark of the Covenant
with Fr. Bill McCarthy
19. Christian Meditation Ancient and Modern,
Eastern and Western with Fr. Bill McCarthy
20. Guadalupe the
Tilma’s Conquest - a historical novel
21. Q & A about Vegetarians and Health
James C. Tibbetts